SQLitening Support Forum

SQLitening Support => You've got Questions? We've got Answers! => Topic started by: Marc Van Cauwenberghe on July 26, 2008, 07:35:39 am

Title: Problem setting up SQLitening
Post by: Marc Van Cauwenberghe on July 26, 2008, 07:35:39 am
Yes, I know. I'am stupid :-[ :-[ :'( :'(

I have decided to convert from Paul's SQLite server to Fred and Paul's SQLItening and I can't get it to work.

Here is what I did.

Copied all files from latest version to folder om remote computer (lh00)
Made folder called Data and put sample.db3 in
Changed the cfg file
   -> host=lh00
Changed ExampleA.bas
   ->  slConnect "lh00"
   ->  slOpen "Data\sample.db3"


compile and run and I get error 14 unable to open database file


Any suggestions?

Marc


Title: Re: Problem setting up SQLitening
Post by: Fred Meier on July 26, 2008, 10:26:34 am
Marc,

Is your Data folder within the SQLitening service folder?

All files need to be in the same folder as the SQLitening service or
in folders therein.

Title: Re: Problem setting up SQLitening
Post by: Marc Van Cauwenberghe on July 26, 2008, 01:41:12 pm
Hello Fred,

the Data folder is a subfolder where all the rest of the SQLitening stuff is.

Marc
Title: Re: Problem setting up SQLitening
Post by: Fred Meier on July 26, 2008, 09:04:32 pm
Marc,

Your example works OK here on LocalHost so here are a couple of things you can try. 

1. Start a LocalHost server and try your code there rather than lh00 just to see if there is a difference.

2. Add the "C" ModChar and try slOpen on your lh00 server and see if it will create a file and where.   Be sure you have the CreateDatabaseAllowed=Yes in your config file.

Should not have anything to do with your proble but I assume your FACT is empty in your config file.



Title: Re: Problem setting up SQLitening
Post by: Marc Van Cauwenberghe on July 27, 2008, 06:46:23 am
Thank you for looking in to this.
This is what I did so far.

Started a LocalHost server and run the ExampleA.exe that was in the package. ----> OK
Compile and run the source of ExampleA ----> error 14: unable to open database file
Dubbleclick the exe that I created ----> OK

I then moved the sample.db3 to a subfolder named Data
Changed the line slOpen "sample.db3" to slOpen "Data\sample.db3"
Compile and run the source of ExampleA ----> error 14: unable to open database file
Dubbleclick the exe that I created ----> error 14: unable to open database file

Remove sample.db3
Changed the line slOpen "Data\sample.db3","C"
Compile and run the source of ExampleA ----> error table parts does not exist
!!! empty sample.db3 was made in the Data folder!!!
Remove modChar
Compile and run the source of ExampleA ----> error table parts does not exist
!!! indicates that example was able to open database ???!!!

Could go on testing sevaral combinations but see no logic here. Any thoughts?

I am going to redo everything to see if I have not missed something.

Marc









Title: Re: Problem setting up SQLitening
Post by: Fred Meier on July 27, 2008, 10:39:03 am
Marc,

ExampleA runs both remote and local so not a good source to find your
problem.  I suggest you write a two statment program for your localhost.

   slConnect
   slOpen "Data\Test.Sld", "C"

If the above works then remove the ModChar "C" and run again.  If that
works then run the same two tests to your lh00 server.




Title: Re: Problem setting up SQLitening
Post by: Marc Van Cauwenberghe on July 27, 2008, 01:41:03 pm
Hello Fred,

Everything worked OK now. Was able to create the testfile local and on server. It did not give any problems opening the file. I will know try to do some more. Thank you.

Will let you know.

Marc