• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 26, 2019, 12:39:49 am

News:

Welcome to the SQLitening support forums!

SQL3Server and unicode

Started by Paul Squires, September 28, 2007, 08:50:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Tonight I started to take my first steps at integrating unicode support into the server. I create a very simple client program in Visual Basic and modifed the sql3client DLL to process incoming unicode data. So far, I just have the initial connection working (i.e. sql3_Connect). I have a Visual Basic module created that is a conversion of the PowerBASIC sql3client.inc include file.

I have modifed the sql3_StartSession function to include a second parameter, nUnicode. This is just a simple true/false flag that signals to the library to process strings as unicode.

Next step is to create the actual sqlite3 database to be unicode compliant and then to be able to return unicode resultset results.

Michael Sydenham

I'm personally very excited by this news.. it's great and I'm so looking forward to trying this. I'm resisting to ask "how's it going".. I wont, I know 'it'll be ready when it's good and ready'. Thanks alot for supporting unicode.

Paul Squires

I started working with unicode via Visual Basic 6 last week. I haven't done much of any programming the last few days..... :(

Michael, I will most likely send the files to you to test via your PureBasic code. PowerBASIC is not the greatest at unicode - yet.

Michael Sydenham

Thanks Paul - looking forward..

mikedoty

Looking forward to seeing with VB6.
Another idea would be a PING so if the client disconnects for some unknown reason it could terminate
or attempt to reconnect instead of hang.  On the server side, not sure how the server handles a
disconnect during a transaction.

Paul Squires

Quote from: mikedoty on October 06, 2007, 01:20:11 am
Looking forward to seeing with VB6.
Another idea would be a PING so if the client disconnects for some unknown reason it could terminate
or attempt to reconnect instead of hang.  On the server side, not sure how the server handles a
disconnect during a transaction.

Hi Mike,

Yes, I will implement that idea at some point. I read it in Don's documentation for his Tsunami server.