• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

September 17, 2019, 02:14:32 pm

News:

Welcome to the SQLitening support forums!

New User

Started by John Messingham, February 11, 2008, 09:48:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

John Messingham

Hi all,

I am preparing to start a new project and thought I would be using Cheetah. Well it looks as if all has changed around here so I will need to look at the SQLite client/server. Can I just ask if it is ready to be used in production situations and if so is there any 'Getting Started' pointers for a new user.

Many Thanks
John Messingham
http://www.johnmessingham.co.uk

Paul Squires

Quote from: John Messingham on February 11, 2008, 09:48:00 am
Can I just ask if it is ready to be used in production situations and if so is there any 'Getting Started' pointers for a new user.

That's a good question... wish I had a good answer. I have no idea who is using this code and in what capacity they are using it in. I would hope that some people have started to use it in applications.

With regard to the use of the client/server, it really is pretty easy - especially if you already know the basics of SQL. SQLite handles all of the dirty work so you only need to know how to set up the server (i.e. modify the server's configuration text file), set up a connection, issue commands to the server, and close the connection. It is all pretty easy - much easier than dealing with Cheetah :)

Check out the "sample.bas" source file that comes in the download package. It should be pretty straight forward.

I have been using the code in FireFly 3 (granted, I am using it in "local" mode rather than "remote" mode).