• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 26, 2019, 12:55:33 am

News:

Welcome to the SQLitening support forums!

SQLite Expert problem

Started by Marty Francom, January 28, 2010, 11:12:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Francom

January 28, 2010, 11:12:26 pm Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 10:29:02 pm by Marty Francom
I just downloaded the new version of      SQLiite Expert Pro   version   2.3.23.1940
I am now having a major problem with it. 

When using it to edit fields,  it appears to allow you to edit the field but it now does not save the change to the database.   When you reload the record it is back to what it was before you editted it..   

This was not happening in the previous version I was using.    Has anyone else up graded to this version.   Do you also see this problem?

I would like to move back to the previous version but  don't find it available on their web site.

Problem has been fix!

Hi Marty,

Thank you for your patience. The problem you reported has been fixed. Please download version 2.3.24 and let me know if you experience any more problems.

Best regards,

Bogdan

[/size]
[/color][/font][/size]

Boddan,
   Thanks for the quick action to resolve problem!   SQLite Expert is a very fine
program.     It makes setting up or modifying a SQLite database a snap.  I enjoy using it.
....Marty

Marty Francom

Just got answer from Bogdan Ureche.   It should be fix by tonight.

Hi Marty,

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Now I can reproduce the issue. It also happens on other tables, on fields declared as CHAR or untyped and with no declared size.

I will have a fix probably tonight and will let you know.

Regards,

Bogdan

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Marty Francom <MartyFrancom@comcast.net> wrote:

Bogdan,
    Thank you for the reply.   Heres the steps.

I open my database, 
   go to a table,
   display records in "Data" tab
   click on a field to highlight it and open the field for editing.
   make a change
   click on "check mark" to "Post Edit" 
   then move to a different Table and then move back
   and the change reverts to what is was before the edit.

This happens with two particular Tables    "RfRecs"  and  "RxRecs"    It doesn't seem to matter  which field in the table that I edit.    I will make the change, move to another table and back and the change is reversed.

Note:    I have edited this same database with SQLite3 Management Studio  and do not experience the problem.      I have been trying to think of a reason these two table might be causing a problem.  The only thing that I could think of is the each of these Table have a field which contains the word "lock" in the field name.   Could that have anything to do with it?

The database is a small test database so I have attached it for you to look at if you desire.

...Marty Francom     

-------Original Message-------

Date: 01/28/10 7:18:09 PM
To: Marty Francom
Subject: Re: Problem with version 2.3.23.1940

Hi Marty,

Thank you for the feedback. However, I cannot reproduce the problem you are experiencing. Are you referring to editing data in the grid, or modifying the fields on the Fields tab while restructuring a table? If would be very helpful if you could give me steps to reproduce it using the DBDEMOS sample database. Also, what was the version you were using before upgrading?

Unfortunately I do not keep older versions but if I can reproduce this issue I will have it fixed as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Bogdan Ureche
www.sqliteexpert.com

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Marty Francom <MartyFrancom@comcast.net> wrote:

I just downloaded the new version of      SQLiite Expert Pro   version   2.3.23.1940
I am now having a major problem with it. 

When using it to edit fields,  it appears to allow you to edit the field but it now does not save the change to the database.   When you reload the record,, it is back to what it was before you editted it..   

This was not happening in the previous version I was using.   Do you also see this problem?

I would like to move back to the previous version but  don't find it available on your web site.
?                                                     ? ?
MartyFrancom