• Welcome to SQLitening Support Forum.

News:

Welcome to the SQLitening support forums!

Main Menu

Remote ACCESS

Started by jarojasp, May 12, 2011, 12:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarojasp

Thanks for all the info.

I am trying out remote access to a database (your example). I have established a two computer network. The server has a hostname called :JarpDecelopment" on vista 64 bits. Copied all necessary files on the server into an directory called "SQLITE". Executed the admin. program. the service was established no errors.

Went back to client computer (has win xp) Loaded ExampleA.bas in power basic, executed and got an -16 error, could not connect/ Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. ExampleA has no code changes, just loaded and executed it. I used the following syntax:

slConnect "JarpDevelopment"  ,0,"E1"
    'Error handling
   lErr = slGetError
   IF VAL(lErr) <> 0 THEN
      MSGBOX lErr,  0, "Connection Error"
   END IF

What am I doing wrong?. I am basing everything on the example "ExampleA.bas".

Rolf Brandt

Probably a configuration problem. Check the following things:

1. Windows Firewall - On your server did you set an exception for the SQLitening Port? 51234 if you are using the default port.

2. Router - If you are using a router you need to forward the port to your server ("JarpDevelopment" if the server is known as that in your router, or by it's IP adress, something like 192.168.2.1 or so.)

3. SQLiteningServer.Cfg - Check the Hosts entry. Is it still the original entry?
    Hosts=LocalHost
If so then change it to this:
    Hosts=LocalHost,JarpDevelopment
Like this the SQLiteningServer will accept requests from client computers too.

4. Client Computer - Check if your client computer's firewall allows request on the SQLitening port (51234). Usually this should be no problem, the firewall will ask on first use of the program for permission.

PS: Very important
Do not forget to either Stop/Start SQLiteningServer or refresh the FACT / Config settings from the SQLiteningServerAdmin Tools menu.
I like to cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food.
www.rbsoft.eu