• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 26, 2019, 04:45:44 am

News:

Welcome to the SQLitening support forums!

Thanks

Started by sclark, June 18, 2011, 07:36:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sclark

Fred,

Thanks for the tool! What a great tool, thank you for all your work!

i haven't ever used a database, but your docs & help file (Thanks to who ever did this!) & examples are getting me further along.

i am running your tool on VB 2010 Express. i have run into a few issues, but i am making progress. My PC is a Vista machine. i have gotten connected locally to a DB which i wanted to be able to extract info from. This DB is created by a store bought program for its use. So far i have gotten several of your functions to work, which allow me to open the db, get the column count, get the row count, & get the column names. Just thought i would let you know that it is working to some extent on my dev setup. i have run into limitation of VB 2010 express, string arrays returned are only seen as a single string. i figure this is due to VB having an object for strings and have not been able to crack a way to read past the first Null. Here is where i wish i had C tools and could setup a pointer to the string and evaluate past the first Null. But so far i have found ways to use other SQLitening  functions to achieve what i need.

Thank You again !!!
steve

Fred Meier