• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 14, 2020, 08:07:25 pm

News:

Welcome to the SQLitening support forums!

NS Basic / SQLitening

Started by D. Wilson, September 20, 2011, 08:39:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

D. Wilson

I have had several people ask me about iPad applications. I am looking at the NSBasic SDK. It allows you to create software for both the Android and iOS operating systems.

What I would like to do is create a bridge between NSBasic and SQLitening. My thoughts are to allow an application written in NSBasic to access an sqlite database. This would allow a user to have a desktop application and allow mobile access to the database via a mobile device. SQLitening would be the server.

And help,advice, or comments ???

Rolf Brandt

I am planning the same for Android.

I have NSBasic AppStudio too. Unfortunately it does not support TCP/IP Connections which you would need to talk to the SQLitening Server. That is why I got Basic4Android because it supports TCP/IP. But that is for Android only.

On would need to convert the code of the SQLiteningClient.dll.

Rolf
I like to cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food.
www.rbsoft.eu

D. Wilson

I was looking at Basic 4 Android also. But I was trying to 'kill two birds with one stone'.

Rolf Brandt

Yes, me too. But I was not to successful with NSBasic AppStudio, especially since all my mobile apps are TCP based. I also heard that the iGod is planning to block HTML5 in the next OS version. I guess it bugs them that someone could install apps without going through the AppStore.
www.rbsoft.eu

D. Wilson

If they block that could throw a wrench into things. What is your opinion on Basic 4 Android ??

Rolf Brandt

Exellent tool, excellent support. Good documentation. In a few days you have written your first app. Learning curve is very low if your know Basic. Try the Demo. Hello World is a matter of minutes.

Setup takes a little longer since you have to setup the Java environment. But it is very good explained.

Rolf
www.rbsoft.eu