• Welcome to SQLitening Support Forum.

News:

Welcome to the SQLitening support forums!

Main Menu

Sqlitening vs Sqlite

Started by mark9, April 25, 2013, 07:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark9

Hi,

I have tested Sqlite and found that it locks the whole database when one pc is doing an update.  If you have two pc doing updates to the same database the secound one fails.  If I have two pc that are doing 1000 updates each.  Does one of the pc's get an error or does it takes pc1 update and then pc2 and back to pc1 and etc... until all the updates are done?

What is the install process for the server?  Do you have to have the dll for each of the client and server on all pc's and server that are using the software.

Can Sqlitening use the Sqlite database?

The last thing what is the licensing?

Thanks,
Mark

Rolf Brandt

QuoteI have tested Sqlite and found that it locks the whole database when one pc is doing an update.  If you have two pc doing updates to the same database the secound one fails.  If I have two pc that are doing 1000 updates each.  Does one of the pc's get an error or does it takes pc1 update and then pc2 and back to pc1 and etc... until all the updates are done?
The locking remains the same when using SQLitening. But SQLitening will keep trying to open the database until the timeout is reached. Only if a process keeps the file locked for a very long time you will receive errors.

What is the install process for the server?  Do you have to have the dll for each of the client and server on all pc's and server that are using the software.
Copy the server files to a directory on your server. Make necessary changes to the SQLiteningServer.Cfg file. Run SQLiteningServerAdmin. That is basically it. Check the helpfile under User Guide.

QuoteCan Sqlitening use the Sqlite database?
Yes - SQLitening is an extension to SQLite. It provides Client-/Server access to SQLite databases.

QuoteThe last thing what is the licensing?
SQLitening is Public Domain. You can use the compiled binaries and the source code in any way - private and commercial - you want to.

Rolf
I like to cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food.
www.rbsoft.eu