• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 26, 2019, 02:49:50 am

News:

Welcome to the SQLitening support forums!

Berkeley DB

Started by James Klutho, August 04, 2013, 02:27:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

James Klutho

Has anyone tried using SQLitening with Berkeley DB from Oracle.  It is suppose to be a SQLite drop-in with the advantage of finer grain locking.  Just curious.

Rolf Brandt

I just read the Wikipedia article about Berkeley DB. Sounds very interesting. Could be a real boost. Would be worth trying it out.

Rolf
I like to cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food.
www.rbsoft.eu

James Klutho

I downloaded the docs and looked at the C API.  I did not see where the SQLite API calls were.  From I read, I thought those were added a couple of years ago to make Berkeley DB a slick drop in replacement.  The Berkeley DB speed tests on multiuser transactions were about 5 times faster than the SQLite tests.  The commerical license is about $1800 per CPU (but free for a GNU license) but may give a need boost to the remote connections with many users.

Jim

Rolf Brandt

Thats exactly what I thought of, multiuser environment. A lot of my customers host their databases on an online server. But they probably won't be willing to pay the price for an commercial license. My clients are smaller taxi and ambulance services - not exactly the richest clentele.

Rolf
I like to cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food.
www.rbsoft.eu