SQLitening Support Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the SQLitening support forums!

Author Topic: Database locked and unable to kill the connection  (Read 419 times)

Jean-Pierre LEROY

• Master Geek
  • expect nothing, be prepared for everything ...
    • View Profile
Database locked and unable to kill the connection
« on: November 13, 2017, 11:12:13 AM »

Dear all,

For the first time a user got this message The above request was unsuccessful because the database is currently locked. Want to try again?

I'm using two SQLite databases for distinct applications on one server; using my administrator account I ran the Admin Tools to list all the active connections and only one user was still connected to the locked database : user nlefeuvre TCP File Number  6169

So I tried to kill this connection 6169 but without any success; this connection is always there!

Is there anything that could prevent the connection to be killed ? any ideas ?

I knwo I can stop the SQLitening services ... but the problem is that I have other users connected to the other database.

Regards,
Jean-Pierre

Bern Ertl

• Master Geek
  • Excellent
    • View Profile
    • InterPlan Systems
Re: Database locked and unable to kill the connection
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 10:33:51 AM »

Unfortunately, the kill handling that Fred implemented is "passive".  It doesn't forceably kill a connection until the connection owner attempts a communication with the server.  So, an administrator that is attempting to kill a live connection can only post a request and then wait as it stands now. ...

... slKill will force a connection to die within the next 60 seconds whether that connection attempts to send any data/requests or not.

http://sqlitening.com/support/index.php?topic=9087.msg23801#msg23801

The kill connection function sends a request to kill the connection.  The server terminates the connection when either the client attempts to communicate with the server, or the 60 second timeout occurs.  Try sending the kill request just one time and waiting for two minutes (to be sure about the timeout window).  Then check if the connection is still there.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:36:45 AM by Bern Ertl »